Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Audio Journey...

The story begins here...

My hifi fever started since I was in secondary school time when I began to appreciate music reproduction quality. My dad is an audiophile too, and he still is! He's still using ~20 year old gears that still sound pretty good. The old timers are built with quality and durability in mind.

I bought my 1st set of hifi back in university years, 1996 at Manchester, United Kingdom. They were Wharfedale speakers, Sony CDP-XE310 and Goodmans integrated amplifier. Those accompanied me for 2 years before I upgraded to a bigger Wharfedale speakers and Marantz PM50 integrated. Those were the years mates!

Now I'm into tube amplifiers, full range single drivers, Tannoy Dual-Concentrics, and building my own gears after the commercial on-the-shelf stuffs got too expensive, not to mention the quality-per-dollar ratio that went down the drain.

If you're interested at what I'm interested in, check out this blog regularly. I'll be update it as frequent as I can on all my audio thoughts, designs, experiments and experiences.

Till then!